Who We Are
ARC emphasizes a holistic environment focused around teamwork. This is because we recognize that high quality treatment to ensure successful recovery hinges upon a variety of experts collaborating together to deliver an unmatched level of care and support to our patients, our clients and our communities.
We’re committed to the most rapid, comfortable and successful recovery of every person that comes to the ARC.
Our leadership team:
Michael Zipprich is a real estate/development executive with a 40-year career in recognizing opportunity and responding to the need-for- demand. In 2014, he acknowledged that the opioid crisis was creating a substantial shortage of treatment facilities and beds. Throughout 2014-2016, Michael put extensive research into evaluating the addiction industry and identified market places to start America’s Rehab Campuses. The company was formed and the first campus with 207 beds was opened in Tucson, Arizona on December 2016.
Dr. Len Ditmanson
Dr. Leonard Ditmanson is the Chief Medical Officer for Americas Rehab Campus and he is the Medical Director for the Sun Clinic, a women’s addiction treatment center. Dr. Ditmanson is the co-founder of Tucson Medical Center Perinatal Substance Abuse Treatment Coalition. For the past three years, he has served on the Arizona Governor’s Taskforce for Substance Abuse. As a practicing physician for more than 30 years in Tucson, Arizona, his practice experience includes infectious disease, general internal medicine, hospital medicine and sports medicine.
Michelle Carrasco, has a Bachelor’s Degree in Business and Human Resources. Michelle has worked both in behavioral health Operations and Human Resources for approximately 20 years. Michelle’s recent focus has been in acute medical, residential treatment and establishing cultural oriented continuum of care systems. Ms. Carrasco has been instrumental in strategic marketing, services, and leadership development. Her primary focus has been acquisitions and start-ups, with an expertise in State, CARF and Joint Commission policy and procedure and licensure certification.
Born and educated in England, Daryl emigrated to the USA in 1987. Daryl’s career in healthcare began as Finance Director for a Skilled Nursing Facility and has grown from there. In 2008, he founded a Behavioral Health management group that employed key licensed professionals in their field to provide treatment, both in a clinic and throughout nursing care establishments in Arizona. Prior to ARC, Daryl was the Controller for the National Kidney Foundation. Daryl values the diversity of expertise in the ARC community, where he has the opportunity to apply his passion for patient care and advocacy.
Diana Verdugo , MSN, FNP-C is a graduate of Grand Canyon University. She has worked in the medical field in Southern Arizona for the past 20 years in community health, hospital and clinic settings. Since moving to Tucson in 2015, Diana has practiced as a primary care provider for the behavioral health and substance abuse population. During this time Diana trained with Dr. Leonard Ditmanson M.D. in substance abuse treatment and opioid addiction. Together, with the team at America’s Rehab Campuses, her goal is to provide quality care medical detox services to clients in a non-judgmental, healing environment.
Other members of the ARC team include:
- Patients, clients and their families — Your passion to improve your quality of life is the backbone of our practice
- Rehabilitation care coordinators are specialized nurses that will direct your treatment from the time you arrive to the time you go out into the world as a stronger, healthy and sober person.
- Rehabilitation nurses ensure that the skills you learn in therapy and treatment become habit and lifestyle
- Registered dietitians and chefs plan a healthy diet and advise you on a nutrition path to keep you healthy
- Medical social workers provide emotional support, identify economic resources and community agencies and help you make arrangements to leave the hospital and find follow-up care.
- Vocational case coordinators help you build a new foundation for your professional life after your journey through the ARC – key component to staying sober.