Approximately 95,000 Americans die from alcohol-related illnesses every year. In Arizona alone, there were more than 2,000 opioid-related deaths in 2021. In order to avoid becoming a statistic, it’s important to seek drug and alcohol rehab in Tucson. When you start a recovery program, you take the first steps towards a sober lifestyle. You can also prepare for rehab so that you get the most out of your time there.
Tips To Prepare for Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Tucson
It’s important to stay focused on why you came to rehab in the first place. You could also ask questions and remain in the moment throughout your various activities and therapy sessions. For example, if you feel mentally or physically exhausted, you may have a hard time focusing on communication during your individual and group therapy.
In order to stay engaged, focus on the daily learning process. Asking questions is a great way to remain interactive and deepen your experience. When you focus on what is happening in the moment, time passes quickly and you can get the most out of your drug and alcohol rehab in Tucson.
Exercise Patience and Follow the Rules
You may not like all the rules but try to remember that they are there for a reason. Your experience in rehab could depend on how well you adhere to the program parameters. After all, it’s all about working the program. If you can remain patient, you can pick up the skills needed to retain sober living long after you complete your drug and alcohol rehab in Tucson.
Best Practices To Maximize Your Rehab Experience
There are several things that you can do to prepare for rehab and to remain positive during your time at America’s Rehab Campuses. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Make time for yourself. Bring a journal with you to write down your thoughts and feelings. Taking five to 30 minutes every day to document your challenges and accomplishments can help you gain a sense of perspective.
- Keep an open mind. If you open yourself up to the full experience, drug and alcohol rehab in Tucson can help you make better choices for your future.
- Find out about sober living and aftercare programs. Learn about programs and resources that can help you retain your sobriety and clean living. Your therapist and recovery team will give you all the tools needed to regain long-term control of your life!
Commit to the Program
Before you ever arrive add America’s Rehab Campuses, you can take steps to commit to the program. First, it’s important to accept that you need help. Some people have a hard time asking for assistance even when they needed the most. So, make a commitment to yourself to put aside pride and commit to the program.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you work through good days and bad days:
- Put aside the dishonesty that often follows alcohol and substance use disorders. Beginning with yourself, demand honesty in your self-assessment as well as your interactions with other participants, therapists and medical professionals.
- Commit to the hard work. There’s no easy fix, especially if you have been under the influence of alcohol or drugs for many months or years.
America’s Rehab Campuses Offers Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Tucson
At Americas Rehab Campuses, we offer inpatient and outpatient options for alcohol and drug rehab in Tucson. Our staff is committed to helping you prepare for your time in recovery and to make the most of it. If you feel alone in your journey, know that couldn’t be further from the truth. Contact us today for more tips on how to get ready for rehab and focus on a productive, happier future.