It is often said that the first step toward addiction recovery is admitting you have a problem. Once you do that, you will then be ready to take real action. Purging your system of the substance to which you are addicted may not be an easy thing to do, but many people have done it and so can you. Tucson detox centers provide custom medical interventions that helps addicts through the worst parts of withdrawal.
Are you addicted to drinking or drugging?
If you think that you have a habit, the chances are good that you do. Here are a few questions you can ask yourself to help you know for sure:
- Do you use tend to take more drugs or drink than you planned?
- Have you tried to quit drinking or drugging but couldn’t? More than once?
- Do you engage in dangerous behavior when you’re intoxicated?
- Do you drink more or use more drugs now to feel the same effects?
- Do you continue to drink or use even though your spouse objects?
- Is your drinking or drugging causing trouble in your work life?
- Do you often feel hungover from the night before?
- Has your drinking led to trouble with the law?
- When you don’t drink or do drugs, does your heart race?
- When you don’t drink or do drugs, do you feel anxious?
Can medical detox help you?
Not every guest at our inpatient facility requires medical detox. Doctors at Tucson detox centers prescribe medical detox options based on individual evaluations. If going through drug or alcohol withdrawal would risk the physical or emotional health of the patient, medical detox can be a brilliant option. Medical detox helps drug addicts and alcoholics face what may be a life-threatening situation. Supervised medical detox is right for addiction to a range of legal and illicit drugs:
- Prescription painkillers such as OxyContin, Lortab, Vicodin and codeine
- Cocaine in powder or smoked forms
- Methamphetamine pep pills and ADHD medications
- Benzodiazepines including Valium
Medical detox can be extremely helpful to the addict who wishes to kick a harsh habit, but it’s not the only thing they need to recover. The National Institutes of Health explains that Tucson detox centers should also provide the addict with skills that will help them stay sober and drug-free after discharge. The best Tucson detox centers help the newly sober addict on their way to a happy and productive life.
Tucson detox centers provide ’round the clock care to make certain guests are comfortable and secure. Patients who opt for medical detox at their doctor’s recommendation may rest in relative ease as painkillers, sedatives, amphetamines or alcohol are eliminated from the body and brain.
One of the most well respected Tucson detox centers sits at 6944 E. Tanque Verde Road. To know more about medical detox and how it can help you get your authentic life back, please call America’s Rehab Campus at 833-272-7342.