Opioid abuse is among the most devastating form of drug consumption at a global level. Studies have shown that approximately 70% of drug consumption cases around the world involve opioids, with heroin ranking high on the list. The drug industry delivers hundreds of tons of heroin in all countries where the black market can operate, leading to a global crisis we still struggle to overcome. And the team of specialists at America’s Rehab Campuses is on the frontline of defense.
Opioid rehab in Tucson revolves around multiple treating methods, aiming to deal with physical and mental addiction, as well as with withdrawal, relapse symptoms and the social and financial problems the patient is experiencing. And the American society has plenty of working material to offer.
The National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) has reported that from 2002 to 2016 drug-related deaths have increased dramatically. Synthetic opioids like fentanyl and fentanyl analogs are responsible for more than 20,000 deaths due to overdose, out of the total of 65,000 drug-related deaths for 2016. This is an increase of up to 3 times, compared to the data collected in 2002 (a six times death count increase in the case of heroin).
Fighting against the wave
Ranking bellow alcohol regarding social damages, heroin, and other opioids are creating victims by the millions, both in the US and across the world. A 2013 study has shown that approximately 4 million Americans have used heroin at least once during their lifetime, with close to 2 million having dealt with or still dealing with addiction. And, although recent trends have suggested an increase in the number of casual consumers, the opioid abuse continues to represent a dangerous symptom of a society still suffocated by drugs.
Coming back to opioid rehab in Tucson, proficient, advanced treatment methods are required to deal with the problems. With regards to opioid consumption, several aspects need to be taken into consideration:
- Physical damages coming from prolonged usage (liver or kidney failure, temporary or permanent brain damages, abscesses, infections of the heart lining, vein collapse, nasal tissue damages due to snorting lines)
- Cognitive and mental disorders, including impaired thinking, memory loss, anxiety and depression, bipolar disorder and many others
- Behavioral therapies, assisting the individual in his efforts of overcoming his condition and reintegrate in the society
- Professional advice and educational support, with the purpose of exposing the risks and repercussions of drug abuse
- Treating and controlling withdrawal symptoms
- Adopting clinical and psychological mechanisms to prevent relapse
In short, it is a complex and demanding system, focusing on the many aspects that shape an addict’s life. Resorting to opioid rehab in Tucson is meant to be a life-changing experience, one who needs to be followed as early as possible, especially when considering that a significant portion of the drug addicts consists of young people.
The team at America’s Rehab Campuses aims at bringing down the numbers of those who have fallen prey to the opioid industry and bring about a positive change in both people’s lives and the society as a whole.