Nowadays, everybody is talking about drug addiction as being one of the most significant problems in our society, and that’s an indisputable truth. What few people realize is that drug addiction is preventable and, in reality, the focus should be on the demarking line between drug use and drug abuse. At America’s Rehab Campuses, we know how difficult it is to make the separation between the two.
The most advanced treatments of drug rehab in San Diego use education as the most potent tool of treating addiction and prevent the relapse once the program has completed. That’s because it is the lack of education the reason why so many people make the wrong choices which, when it comes to drugs, they can be fatal.
And nowhere is ignorance more evident and more damaging than in the case of drug consumption. People use drugs for a variety of reasons, and things almost always degenerate fast.
Young adults make for the most vulnerable category, and the statistics are worrying in their case:
- Close to 29 million Americans over the age of 12 have used illicit drugs at least once during the last month
- Over 54 million people in the same age category have used prescription medicine for recreative purposes in their lifetime
- 3.3 million people have abused painkillers, over 2 million have done the same with tranquilizers and psychostimulants have appealed to more than 1.7 million users
- Young adults between 18 and 25-years old make for 60% of patients abusing Adderall in the US
- 25% of those abusing prescription drugs will develop drug addiction at some point
- The US consumes around 80% of the worldwide reserves of opioid drugs
It is in this social context that the drug rehab in San Diego comes as one of the few proficient mechanisms of controlling the statistics. And, by all accounts, it is nowhere near enough. Studies have shown that only little over 2 million Americans showing signs of substance use disorder even get the treatment that could save their lives. This means that approximately 10% of the addicts end up in a rehabilitation program.
Salvation is possible
Researchers have shown that the number of those relapsing within months of completing the rehab program is staggering – between 85% and 90% of the patients will resume drug consumption. Despite that, full rehabilitation can be achieved, albeit being a difficult and unpredictable process.
An effective rehab program will focus on more than providing detoxification services. Physical and psychological detoxification can be achieved with relative ease, using carefully supervised medication. But the real problem making sure the patient will not relapse as soon as the treatment is over. And this is the real challenge behind every rehabilitation program.
The drug rehab in San Diego will focus on helping the patient rediscover who he is and what he wants in life. People need motivation and guidance so that they can feel they have a purpose again. At America’s Rehab Campuses, we combine passion with knowledge and care for our fellow humans to increase the effectiveness of our programs as much as possible. You don’t have to fight addiction alone nor should you. Seek for our help, and we will fight it together!