No one can withstand the drastic effects of narcotics, and no one can deal with drug addiction on his own. This is one simple truth that cannot be argued. The fact that people keep ignoring the risks of narcotics is what keeps fueling the drug-related statistics, and we are talking about ones that talk about a serious worldwide problem. America’s Rehab Campuses is in the forefront of the war on drugs, leading the charge on a battleground riddled with casualties every day.
Despite the many drug rehab centers in Arizona, the majority of those fighting with drug use disorders, drug abuse symptoms and drug addiction seem to remain outside their reach, since only about 10% to 11% of the addicts ever get the treatment they need. This is a worldwide problem, and it is not the only one.
– Around 80% of those suffering from a drug use disorder also battled with alcoholism back in 2014
– 5 million Americans were fighting with a substance use disorder during the same year, out of which 7 million of them were drug-related cases
– Almost 8 million Americans had co-occurring disorders in 2014, meaning that they were fighting substance addiction and a mental disorder at the same time
– 5% of all the people in the world suffer from a drug or alcohol-related disease, according to the World Health Organization (WHO)
– 50% of the American teenagers have used illicit or prescription drugs at least once in their lifetime, while over 21% of them have reported using marijuana over the past month
– 6 million young adults with ages between 18 and 25 used prescription opioids for recreative purposes in 2014
These are statistics that show how high are the standards that the drug rehab centers in Arizona need to stand for. They call for efficiency and palpable results, and these can only be obtained with the help of both classic and modern rehabilitation techniques.
Working together to find a cure
Drug addiction is one ruthless mental condition. Once it has taken over the patient’s mind, everything will start to go down from that point on. As a result, multiple side-effects will begin to manifest, most of which will worsen with time, like:
– Withdrawal, instilling symptoms like vomiting, nausea, headaches, and seizures each time the addict’s organism lacks the drug for more than several hours
– Behavioral changes, including social seclusion, irritability, apathy or aggression, confusion, hallucinations, and paranoia
– Psychological effects of anxiety, depression and a wide range of mental disorders to go along with them
– Organ damages in time, increasing the risk of heart disease and dementia
– Social repercussions, with the patient losing the support of those around him
In this context, it is evident that the best drug rehab centers in Arizona, America’s Rehab Campuses included, focus on establishing a type of partnership with the addict. There has to be a mutual effort to overcome the problem and prevent relapse in the long run. This means that what we need to do is to teach the addict how to love life again and enjoy a more relaxed, drug-free existence. One of the critical factors in escaping addiction forever.