More often than not, the most significant dangers to our physical and mental health are germs, viruses, and various microorganisms, which have evolved over millions of years with three purposes – infest, multiply, kill. But, in some cases, the most substantial threats to our health is ourselves. Addiction is such a disease that’s being triggered by external factors (drugs or alcohol), but our own brains NIL perpetuating it. At America’s Rehab Campuses, we consider this phenomenon as one of the most hazardous to human health than anything else.
For this reason, the most effective drug and alcohol treatment centers in Orange County have adopted, developed and polished many rehabilitation programs, aiming to tackle the problem at its core. The addictive behavior is merely a sign of significant chemical changes in the brain, which instills cravings and forces the individual to actively seek the substance responsible for producing immense amounts of dopamine. In other words, our minds become our enemies, pushing us into a cycle of death and destruction from which we cannot extract ourselves.
A rehabilitation program is one’s only hope at restoring his life, especially since it the best treatments come with multiple, sometimes revolutionary approaches.
Among the most effective ones we mention:
- Physical and mental detoxification – The detoxification process is the first measure set in place when arriving at a rehab institution. It is the single most effective way of controlling the physiological manifestations of drug and alcohol addiction, as well as countering and repelling the withdrawal symptoms.
- A dual diagnosis treatment – All drug and alcohol treatment centers in Orange County have mechanisms for treating co-occurring disorders (substance addiction and one or more mental disorders, either caused by addiction itself or worsen by it). This is somewhat difficult to achieve because, in many cases, the symptoms caused by addiction will mask those produced by the mental disorder.
- Psychological and behavioral therapies – Patients with advanced substance addiction will go through severe behavioral changes, fueled by the chemical mechanism induced at the brain level. The addict will often become paranoiac, more aggressive, will manifest incoherent thinking and even psychosis and hallucinations.
- Relapse prevention and building coping mechanisms – It is one of the most critical stages in the rehabilitation process because it helps the patient realize his situation, understand the dangers, and learn how to overcome his cravings and remain sober for the rest of his life.
- Holistic approaches – The best rehab programs will also focus on bringing natural joy into the addict’s life. Those recovering from drug or alcohol addiction are often unable to find genuine happiness in anything than the substance itself, and it is this tendency that needs to be reshuffled.
In the end, there are countless drug and alcohol treatment centers in Orange County and finding the best one is a matter of looking at the options and choosing what suits you the best. At America’s Rehab Campuses, we know that people are unique, which means that their needs, characters, lives, and stories are unique as well. We combine this deep understanding of the human nature with decades of experience in the field to give birth to some of the most proficient rehab programs in the business.