Alcohol is part of our lives, whether we want it or not. It has been with us since the dawn of time, and it doesn’t look to be going anywhere anytime soon. However, despite its ever-presence and regardless of our familiarity with it, alcohol is more damaging than people would believe or accept. This substance is currently recognized as one of the most dangerous known to mankind, inflicting more damages than all the drugs combined. And America’s Rehab Campuses is one of the few active lines of defense against it.
The immense variety of programs for alcohol rehab in Orange County speaks volumes about how dangerous the situation is. Pound for pound, alcohol abuse, and alcoholism are responsible for the most substantial economic damages and the highest number of lives lost, aside from tobacco and the lack of physical activity.
The healthcare system is teeming with victims of alcohol abuse, either directly or indirectly affected. As shown by numerous studies on the matter:
- 88,000 deaths are recorded in the US every year, in a direct correlation to alcohol abuse and alcoholism
- 16 million Americans displayed symptoms of alcohol use disorder in 2014, with similar figures being observed over the following years
- Over 10% of the American children live in families where at least one of the parents is either an alcoholic or abuses alcohol regularly
- 25% of the students resort to binge drinking regularly (ingesting enough liquor to increase the blood alcohol levels to 0.08 g/dL or above), which affects their performance in class
- Alcohol abuse has been linked to a higher risk of developing suicidal tendencies and depression
- Alcohol has been considered the primary factor in over 40% of the 3 million crimes taking place every year in the US
The stats go on and on, with one simple, but gruesome conclusion: alcohol is the 21st-century disease. In such a social context, the alcohol rehab in Orange County is probably the last beacon of hope for a society struggling for balance and peace.
What are the factors causing alcoholism?
The most straightforward and most honest answer is: we don’t know. Scientists have identified several factors that may trigger the addictive behavior, among which genetic inheritance makes for about 40% to 60% of the whole. But being born from alcoholic parents doesn’t automatically guarantee you will become an alcoholic yourself, and this is where personal responsibility comes in.
Building the entire picture may be an unrealistic expectation at the moment, but we know that other factors contribute to the problem, aside from the genetic material, including the wrong entourages, emotional trauma, mental disorders or physical and psychological abuse. With so many converging factors and seeing how deep alcohol affects us, we had to develop potent treatments to address the issue.
The modern programs of alcohol rehab in Orange County, developed at America’s Rehab Campuses are being conducted by specialists in the field of clinical detoxification, by psychiatrists, and by people who care about the wellbeing of their fellow humans. We use passion, experience, and respect for the human being to provide our patients with a comfortable, proficient solution to all of their problems.