When an individual comes to America’s Rehab Campuses for detox and addiction treatment, a key part of their successful recovery journey is education and personal awareness. It is important that those in recovery learn the circumstances leading to addiction, coping skills to deal with triggering situations and events, and healthy behaviors and practices to lead a sober life. At our Tucson Rehab Centers, we prioritize therapies and services where individuals can learn from each other and from our qualified, experienced staff.
How Individuals Develop Addictions
At our Tucson Rehab Centers, one of our main focuses is to help individuals find out why they have addictions. In this way, we can work with clients to develop personalized treatment plans and support long-term recovery goals.
There are many reasons why an individual may develop a substance addiction. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Positive Feelings and Associations: When someone begins drinking alcohol or taking drugs, these substances can trigger the brain to produce positive feelings like happiness, euphoria, excitedness, confidence or power. They may also be engaging in these substances with influential people or in fun and high-energy places. Over time, individuals may take substances frequently and in excessive amounts to achieve the same highs as they did the first time they took it.
- Mental or Physical Pain: In many cases, clients take substances to disconnect from mental or physical pain. For example, they may have originally started taking drugs as a prescription for a physical condition or a mental disorder and started to use the drugs excessively or for an unprescribed, prolonged period of time. They may also have intentionally sought out substances to self-treat their ongoing struggles.
- Performance: Some individuals will take substances in order to perform or accomplish activities or tasks. Typically, this occurs in high-pressure or high-stress environments. That said, many people take stimulants to accomplish everyday tasks.
- Social Pressure: In certain situations, individuals begin and continue to drink alcohol or take drugs due to social pressure. At Tucson Rehab Centers, we see this most often in addictions that begin in adolescence. However, substance use disorders may also occur within certain groups and organizations, relationships and familial units.
How Can Tucson Rehab Centers Help
At America’s Rehab Campuses, we pride ourselves on our detox and treatment programs designed to help individuals with their addictions. We specialize in many different types of alcohol abuse and drug addiction, including the following:
- Benzodiazepines and other sedating-effect narcotics
- Illicit Drugs
- Sleeping Pills
No matter which substance you are struggling with, our caring and loving staff will always take an individualized approach to detox and treatment. Our treatment programs involve working with recovering clients in various ways to help them understand their lives, their challenges, their hopes and their goals.
Our therapists and staff members also assist in developing core skills necessary for mental, emotional, social, and behavioral health. Our team may accomplish this through generalized and specialized therapy, group therapy and support groups, relapse prevention training and education, and looking into any underlying health or mental health conditions.
Find Recovery at Tucson Rehab Centers in AZ
Alcohol or drug addictions can often leave individuals feeling isolated and hopeless. It is important to know that you can recover from addiction and live a full and healthy sober life. At America’s Rehab Campuses, we can assist you in receiving the assistance you need to start a recovery journey. Contact our Tucson Rehab Centers today to speak to a specialist and learn more about your treatment options.